2001 subaru impreza rs ...lost power going up hill

I had refueled my car and drove about 4 miles and was heading up a grade and lost power…gas pedal to the floor…I let up and it revved up and then lost power again. Then the engine light came on so I pulled over and put it in park. The light went and so I put it in drive and it ran fine after that. What could the problem have been?

maybe just maybe you werent getting enough fuel since your going up hill. Check with your mechanic if your puel system needs any maintenance

Everything is just guesswork unless you have your car’s OBD system scanned for trouble codes. Go to Auto Zone or Advance Auto Parts, have it scanned, and post back here with the codes and the information accompanying the codes.

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code not just their translation into English and post it back here. It likely will have a format like P1234.

I own the subaru and just had code checked…nothing showed up

I just had code check done and nothing showed up