2001 Chevy Prizm Troubles

My 2001 Chev Prizm has some problems where it will stall occasionally. It will usually stall right after a stop when I hit the gas, seemingly more often with left turns. I’m not sure what it is, but can only assume its related to the fuel system… Anyone care to shed some light on what may be the culprit?

How many miles on the vehicle? Automatic or manual transmission? Is the maintenance (spark plugs, fuel filter, etc) up to date? Is the Check Engine light on?

Around 180000 miles, auto trans, as far as I know the previous owner had the vehicle maintained well, the check engine light occasionally comes on for a P0172 (system too rich - Bank 1). It currently is not on though and today when I drove the car I had no problems with stalling in gear or pushing the gas and having nothing happen… Anyways, that’s about all the info I have for now, I’ll update if anything happens. In the meantime, let me know what it could be and if there’s anything I can do right now…

Can anyone help me out with this? The only thing I can think of is the fuel pump or filter being the culprit… any way I can narrow things down?