2000 Saturn SL1 won't start

Hi. My Saturn is stranded at the gas station. When I put the key into the ignition and try to start it, nothing happens. I get full lights both in and out, but it just won’t start. There isn’t even a clicking noise. I put the clutch in fully (although I don’t think there is a clutch problem) and everything. I have not been able to conduct any kind of tests yet because it’s still parked at a gas station. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

How old is the battery?

Have you tried to push-start it?

Did you try jump starting it?

The battery is 3 years old. Today I went to check on the car and brought a battery tester, and according to the battery tester it was in good shape. I checked all the underhood fuses
(ignition, ect), relays…and the oil. I did try jump starting it as well, to no avail. The car is in pretty good shape. And I have not tried push starting it, but I will try that as soon as I can.

My car is doing the same thing!! It’s a 2001 Saturn SL. This happened on Monday, the mechanic was able to put the car in neutral, roll back and pop the clutch to get it started. It has been parked at the shop until today… and it started right up. The problem is not duplicating. My question in response to the responses – how can it be a battery problem if the lights, fans, ding-ding-ding that the key is in the ignition, and dome light come on? Doesn’t that indicate the battery is fine? Any help on the mystery is appreciated… thank you!!

After almost a year, he hasn’t come back and told us what happened to fix it, so we have to start over. Have you done the tests described above?

What happens when you turn the key? Does everything go dead? Dies it click or anything?

Chase