2000 RX300 check engine light

@cigroller‌

Wow that is a great one. Shops would have bankrupted you with that problem. Could you sleep in between the time where the problem started and when you figured it out? I get the feeling you are that type of person. Years ago I had to write a program in Java. I stayed up two nights trying to figure out the logic error of why it wouldn’t work correctly. Had to have a caterpillar go around screen and eat pieces of food and if it hit any part of it’s body it was suppose to cut it off and die. Of course the longer it got meant you made it to next level and so on. Worked almost correctly. Had some small issues. Like I said I stayed up two nights trying to figure out (plus it was due to be turned in…) it also just tore me to pieces that I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Anyway I turned in and got a zero. I didn’t understand how I could have got a zero, because it was functional but just had a couple of logic errors. Instructor’s reply was step one of the assignment was download version 2.33 (don’t remember exact version number now) java complier. I downloaded the wrong version of complier. All my code was 100% correct, but I was using wrong version compiler. Again when I was working on trucks I had a truck that wouldn’t start. I stayed all night at shop working on it to figure out. I made my own wiring diagram of starting, inhibit switches, relays, everything… I finally found a connector that wasn’t connected good. I fixed it and was so tired I just laid down in truck and went to sleep. Couple of hours later the shop opened and my boss walks up. I woke up the same time he walked up and he asked me what was doing. I told him the truck pissed me off and I had to fix it before I left. He looked at me like I was crazy and then said well you are still here so you didn’t fix it. I reached over and started the truck. He started laughing and walked off.

Or it could be just me that it just psychotic.

Will let you know what I go with.

@GeorgeSanJose‌

Thanks. I am hoping to get in this weekend and check for vacuum leaks. I will let you guys know what I find. Seems like no one ever comes back and says what fixed there problems.