2000 Mitsubishi Mirage P302

I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage. About a month ago the check engine ligth came on, well being on a budget like most are now a days I went and bought a code scanner to try and fix it myself.

I got a code P302 which is cyl 2 misfire. So I did what I thought would be the first cause, I pulled #2 spark plug, and yup it was fouled and coverd in oil, so I pulled the rest and the oil level in the spark plug holes got deeper as I went from cyl 1 to cyl 4, with 4 being the deepest level.

The car has 220,000 miles on it, and rpior to the engine light was running like a champ. At 150,000 I had a major tune-up done to it. And the only recent work is an oil change about 3 weeks prior to the engine light.

Now I have read a slew of possible causes, from head gasket to rings…but I am curious if the guys at the oil shop may have over filled the oil, causing some over fill to get into the spark plug holes?

There is no oil seapage around the head, nor any around the engine compartment.

What I am wondering is what would the possible ill effects be of cleanign out the holes, changing the oil to the apropriate levels, replacing the spark plugs, and pending that I dont need to replace a coil, runnning the car for a few hundread miles and see if the plugs are still covered in oil?

I am pretty handy at working on cars, and am capable of replacing the ehad gasket, but time is an issue, and I would rather not pull the head off if I didnt need to .

Any suggestions?