2000 Mazda problem

Hey everyone!
I have a 2000 Mazda Protege ES, with about 120,000 miles. On February 14th, Valentine’s Day, my car broke down and has not functioned since then.
Here’s what happened, I was driving the car when it started to shake. It continued to shake for about 5 minutes, then it stalled. I was able to start he car again and it began shaking worse than before. Then it stalled again and it has not run since then.

The mechanic I’ve been working with has tried a new CAM sensor, replaced the computer and checked some of the electrical wiring. But nothing has worked.

My question is, what do you guys think it could be? Any suggestions? It’s been almost 4 months and I am eager to get my car functioning properly right again.

Thanks!
Pete

@Silversabre

First of all . . . was the check engine light ever on?

Was it on or flashing when the car was shaking?

Were you low on oil or coolant when it was shaking?

Post any fault codes that you know about

Check compression

Check spark

Is there enough fuel in the tank?

Is the fuel good . . . no way you got diesel by mistake?

Check fuel pressure

Fuses all good?

Is the PCM computer seeing an unauthorized starting attempt?

Is the security light on or flashing?

Battery good?

The PCM is rarely problematic. Many PCM get needlessly replaced. ALL other things should be ruled out through comprehensive and complete diagnosis before considering the PCM

If you eventually do get it started, I would see if it also starts with the old PCM. If it does, I would try to get my money back for the new PCM, which didn’t fix anything . . .