2000 impala oil leak

I have 2000 chevy impala with a 3800 series 2 engine with 170,000 miles on it. I have major oil leak which starts leaking when the car is running, i cannot see from the top and when i am underneath the car , I cannot see far enough up in the there to see where it is leaking, It is not coming from the seneding unit or the oil pan,when the car is running it just pours out oil, does anybody know what this could be.

Any mechanic with a lift should be able to spot this right away. Some things can’t be solved on the internet.

I have a 2001 Buick Regal with the same engine. The valve covers are the culprit most likely. They are in my case. Buick sent a recall about it, and when i took my car in, I was expecting them to fix the leak. Oh no! they just put in a bracket to ensure a wire harness at the front of the engine doesn’t get oil on it. In Regals with supercharging, owners were sent a letter advising them to avoid parking the car in the garage.

There, thought GM. Problem fixed…

@mattfastlane

“When the car is running it just pours out oil” . . . front crank seal possibly leaking