2000 Honda Civic - Quickly shuts off electronics

I own a 2000 Honda Civic coupe with 225,000 miles on it. For the past almost year it does this thing when I’m driving, mainly on the highway, where everything shuts off for about a nanosecond. The engine and lights shut down but the car never stalls. It’s probably only done this twice on side streets. And this only happens once in a great while, maybe once a month or two. I’ve brought it to a few mechanics but because it doesn’t happen for them they are not sure what it is. Do you have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks

If by lights you mean instrument panel, the ignition switch could be the problem. Honda had some recalls on those around that era, but yours might have the problem even if not in the recall.

If by lights you also mean headlights and taillights, etc., then the battery or its connections are suspect.

My vote is for the ignition switch. Call the Honda dealer with your VIN and they should be able to do this for you free of charge as long as the Recall has not been performed in the past.