2000 Dodge Intrepid Stalling - P1684?

I have a 2000 Dodge Intrepid 2.7L with about 105k on it.

My wife and I were doing some Christmas shopping this afternoon at Target. When we left the parking lot the radio stuttered on us – it just stopped for about 2 seconds then came back on. We changed the station – then it happened again about 2 minutes later.

We got on the interstate and were going about 65mph. My foot was on the gas and all of a sudden everything shut off – for about 2-3 seconds. It felt like someone hit the brake pretty hard and the lights on the dash all went out. Everything came back on immediately and I kept driving. Thankfully our exit was the next exit.

After taking the exit we were slowing down for a stoplight. While my foot was on the brake gradually slowing the same thing happened again – this time I’m going about 25mph and slowing down.

We continue on and about 5 minutes later as we’re pulling into our neighborhood the battery light comes on.

Now we’re at home. I used the ignition on-off-on-off-on to check the code and it gave me P1684 and then “DONE”.

All P1684 means that I can find is that the battery has been disconnected in the last 50 cycles. This is not the case – perhaps a short in a wire somewhere – but would that case the stalling?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as my wife is pretty freaked out at the moment.

Thanks!

Without a wiring schematic I can only respond in a general way.
The first thing to inspect would be to remove and clean all battery cable ends, clean any batt. cable distribution terminals, and inspect/clean any fusible link ends. The vehicle is 8 years old and corrosion and scale could be causing an intermittent power loss.
Another possibility is a failing ignition switch (electrical part) and yes, a problem in these areas can cause a hiccup or stalling.