2 questions: Should I use Top-Tier Gas? Does Techron actually work?

A can of Techron saved me about $200.00 on partwsw & labor for fuel level sendind unit on my 2000 300M .

g-14classified wrote:
I picked up almost 2 mpg so i havent been back to the break time staion.

Unless the first station is selling E-10 and the second station is selling E-0, I’m afraid this is very unlikely.

I don’t use a Top Tier gasoline and have never used Techron and have had no fuel quality problems since the tiny fused bronze ball fuel filter on the carburetor on my early 60s car plugged up. I buy gas wherever I am when I need it but mostly from BP and a local farm supply store; don’t know what their fuel brand is. Techron and other mouse milk gasoline additives is, to my thinking, like carrying a lucky rabbit’s foot.

2 things: melott thanks for posting the list of top tier stations i havent looked at it in a while and based on how the sign was worded on top of the pump i just assumed they werent a top tier station and lion9car i was surprised myself but as i said i fill up every three days in a 99 cavalier with a 2.2 and its pretty simple math so wether you buy it or not im not gonna complain about and just keep getting my gas where i get the best fuel mileage

Here in Chula Vista, CA the price difference between the cheapest gas ($3.47) and Union 76, a top tier gas, ($3.55) is 8 cents a gallon. I can run Union 76 for 99 gallons before I spend the price of a bottle of Techron from the parts store.

Do your own math and see if it isn’t cheaper to use Union gas, or any other top tier gas, for a few tanks full or buy a bottle of Techron.