-2 degrees camber on one front wheel

And screw up the handling balance on the car by biasing the weight differently side to side. Not a good solution to fixing camber angle.

These cars have the spring off the strut. It is between the frame and lower control arm. There are coil-overs sold for this car but the OP did just say it had springs installed.

1 Like

Yeah I just really need to find a alignment shop that I guess knows what they’re doing lmao. And the springs are separate from the shocks. Thank you guys for the info seriously.

1 Like

In addition, I think it would be a good idea for a body shop to assess the type of accident damage that undoubtedly exists. I think it’s pretty clear that a previous owner had a front-end collision, and it deformed the chassis.

Got a pic of top of strut mount?

This is the paper they have me with the specs before and after the alignment

look like this?
Pic of strut being replaced.

I hope the top mount doesn’t look like than… it is missing the nut that holds it together!

Looking at the alignment sheet shows me it is very likely shifting the subframe (crossmember) to the passenger side would likely even up the left and right camber. Would also make the thrust angle closer to zero.

So am I looking at a intensive job here going from what you described?

But yeah mine has the bolt on-top holding the strut secure

Not exactly… the bolt holes have lots of slop. Loosen the bolts and pry the crossmember over with a crowbar. If it moves a lot, that confirms it was shifted the wrong way for some reason. With a hoist, it is easier than it sounds.

how much leeway does the top mount have if you loosen the mounting bolts?

None. There is virtually no slop in the top mount bolts.

I get paid 1.5 hours for a wheel alignment, this includes shifting the sub frame if necessary. You might not get that service at a tire store.

The toe setting was 95% of the problem on your car. For the toe to be off by more than one degree it would seem that someone replaced the struts and whatever other suspension parts and never performed an alignment. It is unusual to find the toe off by more than 0.50 degrees.

My cars are 20 years old and I don’t obsess over the camber settings. I keep my camber settings private to avoid criticism.

For my own education:
Once the cause is diagnosed and corrected. Would a strut/shock tower brace reduce chance of reoccurrence?

Probably not. It would stiffen the strut towers which would push the energy elsewhere… bent knuckle maybe. The knuckles are somewhat weak, as I posted before.

Have you measured left/right ride height?

On that alignment spec sheet you got front camber more negative on the left, and on the rear you got negative toe(out) on the left. That car should be seriously drifting to the right …

THE WAY I LIKE IT! :smiley: