1999 Oldsmobile Arurora Starting Trouble

I have a Northstar Olds Aurora with 83,000 miles and am havint trouble starting. It is getting worse but, it started with nothing happening when turning the key and when I try again it would work. Now it happens often and tends to drain the battery for a short time. I get in and the lights are dim and it wont turn over. I wait and try a couple times and the power seems better and it will start. But, it is getting hard to do. The battery is only six months old and I suspect the starter but, can’t be sure. Can someone help?

I would start by taking it to an auto parts store.  Most of them will check out the battery and charging system for FREE.     Try removing both ends of the battery cables (both of them) and cleaning both the cable and where it goes very well and reattaching making sure they are secure.

What do you mean it drains the battery? Does it actually discharge the battery like the starter is engaged but not operating? Or is just not enough juice coming from the battery.

The battery is under the back seat so there is a long cable going to it that should be checked along with any connections. If its the starter, good luck. It is located under the intake manifold so everything has to come off to get to it. I suspect you are going to have to take it in to have it checked. Auroras are not for Autozones.