1999 Buick LeSabre Howling/Whining noise

I will testify to the truth of Bing’s comment. My tires get more noisy when the wear gets over about 50%.

I will add that new suspension systems have rubber “bushings” and “dampers” and “mounts” that as they grow old transfer more road noise to the cabin. The rubber becomes hard and loses its ability to dampen noise. If you have the original suspension components in the car, that may be a big part of the problem even if it isn’t the root source of the noise.

I was reminded of this recently when I replaced my own front struts and did all the rubbery bits too. Road noise dropped substantially.

I’ll also add that if you replaced the two front bearings, the rear two probably are due too. The car isn’t new anymore. These things wear out. New car wheel bearings are even more subject to impact damage too, because the manufacturers use ball bearings instead of roller bearings now to get the lower rolling resistance. Ball bearings don’t distribute loads over as large an area as roller bearings, so they’re more subject to wear and to impact damage.