1996 Ford Explorer will not start

My 96 Ford starts every morning on the way to work and the same coming back. But if I stop somewhere on the way after driving for 30 minutes or more and turn the car off. It will not start again until it cools down for 1 hours at least.

Can you help

The next time it doesn’t start hold the pedal to the floor as you turn the key and let up slowly if/as it starts to fire. If this works then it is probable that your engine is flooding out. The most likely culprits are a leaky fuel pressure regulator or leaky fuel injectors.

The reason it doesn’t do it after sitting a long time is that the fuel flooding the motor evaporates & leaks out of the cylinders into the crank case over time.

HOW BIG OF A JOB IS IT? AND IS IT WORTH IT TO DO IT. 96 CAR 150K?
THANK YOU.
RACH

When you type it all caps it looks like you’re YELLING!

A pressure regulator is a piece of cake and will likely run anywhere from $60-100 for the part.

Injectors are more complicated and more expensive but often can be done yourself with a shop manual, some time, and some patience. Whether its worth it or not is a pretty big question with a two sentence description of the car (and not even knowing its mileage, if it is a 6 or 8 cyl, 4WD or not, etc) On top of that its not even a question anyone else can really answer. It is very frequently “worth it” to fix a car if it had been well cared for and is generally in good shape.

But a bad pressure regulator is a frequent problem, and easy and cheap to fix.

I also have no idea whatsoever if that is your problem. It was my first thought based on very little information.

Sorry. I was not yelling.
Thank you very much for your help and insight. It is very generous of you.
Rach