1994 buick lesabre starter

I believe that my starter is out. My auto-door unlocker wouldn’t work and I got into the car and the key went all the way over and didn’t do anything. both the battery and the alternator are less than a year old and I have had a starter go out on a I had a few years ago. I was just hoping someone could verify this for me. Thank you.

Do the lights come on the dash board? If not, then your having battery problems. Maybe a bad or corroded connector.

no lights come on at all. So you think this is a battery problem?

Try removing both ends of the battery cables (both of them) and cleaning both the cable and where it goes very well and reattaching making sure they are secure or have the battery checked.  That's uusually free.

Yes, this is a battery problem. The battery is either drained or the battery terminals are corroded. Try removing and cleaning the battery terminals first. If the battery still has a charge, the lights should go on once the terminals are re-attached. You may also need a jump. If a jump-start gets it going, take it to an auto parts store or a shop, and have them run a charging/starting system check. They can usually pinpoint the source of the problem.