What were the engine options for 1993 Chevy Silverado

There is no such thing as a 1993 Chevy Silverado 1500 hybrid :confused:

That said, I believe the options for a 1993 Chevy 1/2 ton truck were as follows

4.3 liter V6

5.0 liter V8

5.7 liter V8

Why are you asking?

Did you buy a truck without an engine?

Is your engine shot, and you want to install a bigger engine?

I’ll say one thing . . . if you install an engine which was not offered for that truck during that model year, it might get hairy, when you show up for a smog test, depending on where you live

Was there such a option with the Silverado that had a 454ci engine in a 4X4 shortbed?

1993 CHEVY SILVERADO SHORTBED 4X4 454 ENGINE!

Sounds like you’re thinking of the 454SS truck, which was quite an unusual truck, and only available in RWD

It would be a lot easier to just buy such a truck, versus trying to mix and match parts

I spent a few minutes looking it up, and the truck had MANY differences, besides just the engine

Now . . . how about telling us WHY you’re asking all of these very specific questions

What’s wrong with your truck?

What are your plans?

I’m looking at a 1993 CHEVY SILVERADO SHORTBED 4X4 454 ENGINE TRUCK with a Z71package and a 4L80E 4 speed automatic transmission. Just trying to find out if someone built this or if it was an option available in 1993. It is not the 454SS, it is 4X4. Could it have just been an engine/transmission swap?

Just have a mechanic inspect it or just pass and look for something else.

This seems like a factory available combination looking at Rockauto. Look carefully at the engine. It should not have a carburetor. The 454 was equipped with a 2 barrel throttle body fuel injection.

If it drives OK and you are thinking about buying it, have your mechanic look it over and tell you if he thinks it is factory or a Franken-truck cobbled together from parts. The truck IS 25 years old, so look carefully!