1990 Toyota Camry Station Wagon

Pull out a spark plug and inspect it. Is it wet or dry?

Where are you spraying your stater fluid at? Is the throttle depressed when you do this?

Lay the spark plug with wire attached on the valve cover. Watch the spark as someone cranks the motor.

Does your positive cable have another wire attached to it at the battery? Check grounds going to the computer.Remove computer wiring harness and check for corrosion .

I checked the Ohms on the MAF sensor and they fell within the appropriate range as dictated by the repair manual. Range is 200-400 and it was coming in at around 280. Does this mean that the sensor is alright? The manual advises a bench test even if the ohms fall within the normal range–but I’m not quite sure how to do this.

hello there scott13

i was just surfing the net for tires for my camry station wagon & saw your postings
was wondering if you ever got it started…my car had a similar issue…i am very
fortunate that the guy i bought my wagon from is amazing…the problem was/is my starter
they are dual something or other…anyway…he took a hammer & very gently tapped the
starter on its cylindrical side…i cranked the engine…it started…i will replace
the starter…when a tap no longer works…but for now…it works

Now that you have a VOM, check the voltage at the battery when you crank the engine. There may be a bad cell inside. It can appear normal at rest, but the voltage will drop well below 12V when you crank it. Of course, you need two of you to perform this test.