1990 Plymouth Sundance - Lights

how to improve night vision of the lane markings especially when it rains

thanks

If you still have the original headlamps equipped, I would suggest you look and see if there are aftermarket options that will fit your car (there may not be…). Another option would be checking out if any local junkyards have either replacements or some that would fit your vehicle (they can look it up) (old cartalk joke, don’t take your Sundance over to check or they might crush it by mistake! :smiley: ). You could also look at those headlight restoration kits that are out there, be very careful with those as you don’t want to accidentally ruin your headlamps. Probably the easiest solution would be to get the brightest bulb available for your car (aka the extra-bright option instead of the regular). Note the extra-bright bulbs don’t last as long. Good luck!

Aftermarket fog lamps added to the car and properly aimed will help this problem as well as new headlights.

1 Like

You might be pleasantly surprised at the affordability of non-OEM new headlight assemblies at places like Rock Auto. Those plus better than average bulbs have made an enormous difference on my 1999 Civic and 2007 Town and Country - I can see better, and the cars look better.

I looked earlier when @danpinotti posted this…I didn’t see any direct fit headlight assemblies at rock auto…possibly because the last model year for Plymouths was what, 2003 I think?

A clean windshield inside and out, and new wiper blades.

You would be surprised how dirty a windshield gets on the inside of a non-smokers car.

1 Like

I’d start by replacing the headlight bulbs with new ones, cleaning the headlight glass as best you can, cleaning the windshield, and replace the windshield wiper blades. Make sure the headlights are aimed properly too. If all that doesn’t do it, then try either a brighter bulb version, or add fog lights.

If the windshield is really pitted sometimes the only solution is a new windshield. Freight trucks that are running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week accumulate 250 t0 300 thousand miles a year, and trucking companies don’t want to replace them unless they are cracked so sometimes we would clean them with a rock.

3 Likes