1990 plymouth acclaim no brake lights

i dont know what the code is when i took it to get smogged they said that fuel vapors were leaking out so it failed the evap, i put a new filler neck grommet on it cause i could see that it was leaking on the tank but it still didnt pass, i also brought a new gas cap but didnt pass

Sorry you are having this frustrating trouble OP. Well, one thing for certain, it’s got to be leaking somewhere. It sounds like you’ve done all the obvious stuff. It might be the canister itself that’s the problem. But I think you are better off to have a proper diagnosis done by a shop at this point. They’ll have a smoke machine which I think can be used to discover the source of evap system leaks like this. I think the way they do it, they blow smoke into the air space above the fuel in the tank, and watch for where it comes out. Once they show you where it is leaking you can fix the problem yourself if you like.

ok thank you very much for all your help. You guys are great.

In the early 90’s we didn’t have evaporative emissions test equipment but we still had to find vapor leaks when customers complained of fuel odor in their garage.

These cars a quite simple, inspect the vapor line from the fuel tank to the vapor canister under the hood. Inspect the purge line from the canister to the purge valve and throttle body. There is a good chance you will find split hoses at these connections.

The plastic fittings, including those for the fuel pump at the top of the gas tank, become brittle with age.

hi can someone tell me where the starter relay is located on a 1990 plymouth acclaim please

The starter relay should be in the under hood fuse/relay box.