1990 Ford Bronco II not picking up fuel

This bronco’s not picking up fuel, so I checked the fuse/relay under the dash on the

passengers side, replaced the fuel pump still nothing. We did pour a small amount of fuel into the breather hose, and the motor ran until it was spent. I am out of ideas any help will be appreciated.

You need to check for voltage from the pump relay at the inertia switch.

The inertia switch should be in the same location as on my 87 Ranger. Under the dash where the carpet meets the firewall on the passenger side.

Orange/light blue wire connects to pump relay.

pink/black connects to the pump.

Each time you turn the key one click from off to run you should see 12 volts on orange/light blue for 2 seconds.

These “should” be the correct color codes, but if you have the wiring diagram double check it.

One other thought, the inertia switch will have a spring loaded butto on it. If the button has popped up, push it back down & start your B-2

Assuming of course the gas filter has been changed. Is there an in tank filter on that model?

The wiring diagram doesn’t show the Bronc as having a inertial fuel shut-off switch. Check for yourself: Fig. 31 http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp?chapterTitle=Wiring+Diagrams&partName=Chassis+Electrical&pageId=0900c152800781b2&partId=0900c152800780c7
This is not a complicated circuit. The Fuel Pump Relay joins the black/yellow power wire (from fuse #1) to the orange/light blue wire which goes to the fuel pump. You could remove the fuel pump relay (under the hood, usually), jumper between the wires, and determine if the fuel pump will now run. Either way, this problem seems to be too difficult for you. A mechanic could get this squared away in little time.

Well go figure this, i did some checking & if the OP has a 4 cylinder you are correct & there is no inertia switch.

The V-6 does have an inertia switch.

Looks like the OP is long gone, so i guess it does’nt matter.

it has an inline supposedly a “lifetime” filter, that was bigger than a coke can if I remember right, and I replaced a few years back. Could be this and I’ll check

Yep this is the 2.9 v6 and it does have the switch, i havent checked the voltage yet but on the next dry weekend I plan to.

Thanks for the reply, I doubt that it’s too difficult for me to figure out. But after working on office copiers all day the last thing, that I want to do is work on more crap, if you know what I mean. And I don’t want to pay 75 bucks to the tow truck man to take it the mechanic.

Your vehicle is a TFI-IV ignition model. These are prone to module failures and this can lead to an inoperative fuel pump circuit.

Look at the diagnostic connector under the hood. (where codes are pulled)
See if there’s a tan/green stripe wire in there. If so, run a jumper wire from that terminal to ground somewhere.

If you hear the pump run and the vehicle starts then you have to do a bit of diagnosing as to what is wrong with that circuit.
It’s not complicated but does require a methodical approach.

(That tan/green wire is an offshoot of the pump relay ground. This lead should show a ground for a couple of seconds when the key is first turned on.
After a few seconds the ground should disappear and will not reappear until the engine is cranked over by the starter motor.)