1989 Dodge RAM250 will not idle in drive

I have a 1989 Dodge RAM250 that has a 318 5.7L V8. It has throttle body injectors and I had to replace one of them. I did that and the engine runs grate! My problem is that when you put the vehicle into Drive or Reverse the engine quits. The only way to keep it going is to left foot brake it and rev the engine up. Any Ideas?

I think Carter made that system, right? Somewhere there will be an idle speed control solenoid…And look carefully for a vacuum leak. Is it 4WD? Those things had a vacuum operated front axle locking mechanism that are a CONSTANT source of trouble including vacuum leaks…Search the 'net for a service guide for the Carter TBI system and see how they controlled idle speed…

Thanks Caddyman. Its 2WD. I have changed the idle speed control, it is all electrical. I have also checked the vac lines.

Update: Van is running and driving fine now. It was the NUTURAL safety switch on the trans. a 15.00 part.

Damn you stole the words right out of my mouth…that’s rather common on those actually.

Blackbird