1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Carbs and Brothers

I have a two part question. Part one: I have a 1984 Jeep Wagoneer with 48,000 miles on it. We rebuilt the carburetor at 46,000 miles, replaced all the hoses and gaskets, replaced the regulator for the rear window, replaced the window weather stripping. It runs great. Has minimal rust on the lower quarter panels but still needs the body work done to eliminate the rust and a new paint job so that it matches. What do you think the value is now and the value would be once body work is done? 2nd part, what do you think of a brother in law who swoops in and takes the vehicle from your dad, who is keeping it for you for a few months, uses it as his own, makes decision on repairs and then tries to buy it from you for $2000?

The answer to your first question - Grand Wagoneers are a cult classic and sell for some surprising numbers. It can be worth $5000 and more depending on just how bad the paint is. New paint and maybe new woodgrain vinyl and these things are listing for an average of $20,000. Surprised me! Maybe a “Breaking Bad” thing crossed with a “Jeep Thing.”

As for the second question, I don’t think very much of that activity from your BIL, but I don’t know all the story.

Whose is it ? Yours or your dads?

If it’s yours and you don’t want to sell it, or want more money, tell him what you want for it.
If it’s your dads, why are you involved?