1970 Chevrolet Pickup - How do I get rid of side window vents?

Does anyone make the parts and window to eliminate my side vent windows on my 1965 Chevy C10 pickup truck

I can’t even imagine why you want to do that . A custom auto shop might do it but the cost will be close to the national debt.

1 Like

You need to look in the fan clubs for that sort of specialty item.

Just Google 70 chevy truck vent window delete
Here are a couple that popped up… Gives the truck a whole different look… :+1:

1 Like

724.00 plus shipping to eliminate something that many people say they miss ( the vent windows )?

This better be one expensive custom truck . Also a Google search finds many videos showing how these kits are installed .

I paid that much for a set of cheap BF Goodrich tires, maybe I should have paid off the national debt.

2 Likes

Most people who are into custom trucks like the look of the solid door glass over the vent window, that is part of the custom scene, not everybody likes the Concours d’Elegance vehicles… Some people like to make their vehicles, (one offs) there own…
If everyone had the same taste it would be a VERY boring place…
Try to remember to each their own…
And right now the truck scene is on fire due to the cost of the classic cars prices that are just completely out of control… Even people are drag racing trucks more and more…

And for y’all EV peeps, they are even doing custom classic car/truck conversions to full EV…
I think Chevy Performance is even making/selling complete bolt in conversions for the more popular vehicles to convert ICE over to EV for hot rods…

Not really my thing, but again to each their own…

A standard claw hammer would do it. But what will you do if it rains?

2 Likes

Electrogenic provides drop in kits to convert air cooled Porsches to EVs. I might consider the conversion if the drivetrain is trashed, but wouldn’t convert a well running version.

1 Like

Looks like $750 plus tax, plus, shipping, plus install or diy. But out of stock. Like what was said, two words, trade. Yeah I know, sometimes you just want what you want regardless.

I’m seeing a few 68-72 Cbevy truck’s on Hemmings with this conversion done but many others including restomods with $80K+ asking prices still have the vents. Not a priority for me If I owned one of these trucks.

Had a teacher with a lightly modded 72 K20 that doubled as a hunting truck so fairly stock on the outside with all the upgrades done with the goal that the truck would be driven regularly.

Given that decent running air cooled Porsche 911s run well north of $50,000, might still be worth finding a new engine! Even the 912s are getting too valuable to swap in an EV conversion.

1 Like

Those vent windows are very expensive to replace, at least on my classic Ford truck. I think the replacement part (new) is close to $500 each. OP, if you decide to eliminate your vent windows, keep the old ones b/c they probably have significant value in the used-part market for classic trucks. .

1 Like

Boy times have changed. My Pontiac had a cracked vent window.so I went down to the junk yard and removed one from a Buick or something sitting there. The charged me a dollar, plus gave me a length of the paper gasket to seat it. I might have been 19 so never thought to ask why it was broken. The frame was bent so the replacement glass cracked in the same place. Back down to the junk yard for the glass on the other side and another dollar but this time I straightened the frame. Tuition was only $425 a semester so $500 twice would have been a calamity. Two dollars I could come up with if I skipped lunch.

1 Like

New vent window glass For the Chevrolet C10 is $23. The complete vent window assembly is $325.

You are correct, the appx $500 price I mentioned above for a replacement vent window for my Ford truck is for the entire assembly, frame etc, , not just the glass. If the only problem was the glass, I expect most any glass shop could make a piece of replacement glass to the correct dimension for a small fee.