1962 Fiat 1200 Roadster restoration

I could only find one 1200 on Ebay, a ‘completed listing’ for a pretty clean '63 that went for $8,500.

Even if there are not parts in the US, parts from Europe should fit. This car is old enough that the U.S. and European versions should be the same. Clubs can help find parts and searching the Internet might turn up parts.

I could only find one 1200 on Ebay, a ‘completed listing’ for a pretty clean '63 that went for $8,500..

Ebay is not used that much in Europe for specialty items, as in classic cars.

This place alone has 3 for sale:.

http://www.classics24.at/classic/list/carbrand/122/bodywork/cabriolet/sort/{sort}/page/1

Here’s another:

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/car-advert/fiat/1200/1962/197853/

Another:

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto/fiat-andere.html?isSearchRequest=true&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&lang=de&scopeId=C&makeModelVariant1.makeId=8800&makeModelVariant1.modelId=1&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=1200+roadster&minFirstRegistrationDate=1900-01-01&maxFirstRegistrationDate=1970-12-31

Ther will be others for sale in Italy, France and other south-european countries.

Oh, absolutely, there’s a much bigger market for the 1200 in Europe. Good odds that if it was sold here, it might be to a European to be shipped back. My point is the price paid in the US will be WAY less than the price paid in Europe. Much smaller market here, much less demand.

Try these guys for parts http://www.midwest-bayless.com/storefrontprofiles/default.aspx?sfid=208227

@Texases.
I absolutely agree with You.
What I really tried to say, but - admittedly - failed to say, was, there will be several companies selling quality parts for those cars over here. My bad. I just wanted to give OP a thumbs up and say that there are opportunities (sp) for parts over here and most likely, they will not be on any Ebay-site. And if OP wants it, I can try to see if I can find some sources.

Yes, with the internet everything is possible! We get ‘Wheeler Dealers’ here, and the British mechanic often restores US cars, making use of shipping from US sources for many of the parts.

All it takes is money!

The big question is whether the OP is willing to set aside the money angle aside and consider the car as a bit of a unique love affair. Sometimes the latter takes precedence when someone wants something that is not from the same cookie cutter.

Reverting to modern equivalents, how many times every day does Average Consumer enter a car lot and drive off in a brand new (and sometimes POS) car that is already worth far less than they owe on it the minute they turned the key…

Some people are even taking a financial bath on those new Teslas in spite of the hoopla.

@texases
Wheeler Dealers!!!
I’ve been living in UK for 2 years and those 2 goof-balls is a big time scam. No way in a very hot place can (and will) they do what they say they do for those prices. They are bought from one end to the other. G-B 1 is the seller, no. 2 is “big mouth cork”, no. 3 is the “mechanic”, no. 4 through 10 are the suppliers, no. 11 is the end buyer. Asemaster had an issue with: Get The Car Inspected Before You Buy It. It applies ten-fold if you buy anything in UK.
I can tell and document more episodes with regards to work-ethics in UK than I care to remember.
Actually, now it comes to mind about that Morris Minor I should restore, where I had to cut out 3 (three) floorpans in the right side and only 2 in the left. That car was app. 100 pounds lighter when it left than when it arrived.
Wheeler dealers - wheeler cheaters.

Please, do not takes those 2 persons serious.

Clearly the Wheeler Dealer crew doesn’t pay themselves much for the labor they put into the cars. They make it up with the money they make on the show. I like the show because they show you how you can find cars, find parts, and restore the cars. Pretending they make money adds to the drama even though it Is only based on the purchase price and parts. Oh, and they have lots of fun and it’s contageous.

If you don’t like Wheeler Dealers I don’t think you have to watch it. It is entertainment with two guys who seem to actually like each other. The best part is when they show the craftsmen that have skills to repair or replicate old parts.

I like the repairs they do on the show, no BS engine swaps and big wheels. Much more down-to-earth. But the buy, sell, and cost numbers? I don’t pay too much attention, except that they never include labor, and most every car would be a money-loser if they paid it.

Remember: Even “reality TV” is scripted…

What ever happened to the OP, Doc’s Toys?

The buy, sell, and cost numbers are the theater in the show.