08 Taurus X 3.5L Cylinder Misfire

Sounds like you have the correct plugs now, so at least that variable is removed from the equation. Best of luck.

Good news, the car is running great, and It looks like even though the code originally called for an ignition coil, it was actually the fuel Injector that was to blame. Although many cold hands were injured (March in New Englandā€¦brrr.) , I never gave in. Anyway, soā€¦I bought a coil $54, 6 BOSCH plugs $19, 6 more Motorcraft plugs, $25, and a new injector $43 (amaz) . Nice to know i saved a ton (doing it myself) and learned a lot. Thank god for the Internetā€¦

1 Like

P.S. A good reputable mechanic in my town wanted $220 just to replace 1 ignition coilā€¦ just sayinā€¦

I have the very same problem. I havenā€™t tackled it yet. #2 looks like a pain in butt to get to. I have a new coil and a new SP411 plug . Am thinking about getting a gasket set , coils, plugs and an injector to do the whole back bank before messing with it too much . I only want to do this once. I donā€™t have the time for trial and error.

Wasnā€™t too bad once I got the hang of it. One thing I wish I knew before hand
though was I should have left the car running and pulled the fuse to the fuel pump clearing out the fuel from the system before pulling the rail off. I made a huge mess. Then when I thought I had it done I started the car and realized I didnā€™t reseat the rail properly and made an even hugerā€‹:ok_hand: mess. Sometimes we learn the hard way :man_shrugging:. Good luck .

The way I do that on my Corolla is to remove the fuel pump relay (with key removed, engine off) then insert the key and crank the engine. The engine starts and runs briefly, then stalls. That depressurizes the fuel system.

Even better advise. Iā€™ll do this from now on. Makes more sense not to pull a live fuse while car is running.

You can always swap the injector like you did the coil and see if the miss moves the best way to tell if it moved is by unplugging the coil on the cylinder you moved the part in question to and if the miss gets worst then the miss didnā€™t move with the part