03 Matrix rear differential shot

@jtsanders‌ & @zoomo‌ THX! persistance pays off. But I believe it was the service TSB posted earlier that really pushed the insurance.

@Caddyman‌ The tow truck driver told the insurance he did tow with the front wheels lifted and rear wheels on the ground. It was the insurance company that called the tow, and they agreed to give me a rental and have the Toyota dealer inspect it for T&M. Because of the holidays, things are moving slow. I’ll post any updates I have here.

Thank you all!

So it’s been over a month. But the news is the car was declared totaled and I received the buyout check today,

Long story short. Car went to Toyota Dealer. Dealer says cost to repair will be at lease 4500+1000 diag fees already owed, insurance said totaled!

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the TSB and other recommendations!

Thanks for the update. It’s rare we hear the solutions.

What are you doing with the settlement? Did you find a new (to you) car yet?

shaiss
Dealer says cost to repair will be at lease 4500+1000 diag fees already owed, insurance said totaled!

Wow, so I guess the trans did get damaged along with the differential(s).

THIS WAS CAUSED BY THE TOWING. AS OTHERS HAVE SUGGESTED. NO IF’S AND’S OR BUTT’S. Yes I meant to use that form of But… LOL

Blackbird

@jtsanders‌ just picked up a 2015 subaru crosstrek limited. Big upgrade from the matrix and an awesome drive.