'02 Mazda B3000 - A/C dies after 20 minutes or hard acceleration

As the title states, I have a 2002 Mazda B3000 series Pickup and while everything is working great, the a/c is driving me insane!

Here’s how it goes:
- Start the car, turn on the A/C, hear a click
- As I drive, after 10-20 minutes, the A/C would just either switch to (what I think is) vent; it blows humid, warm air.
- Another way to turn it off is to accelerate quickly; Note: these two scenarios are sometimes inconsistent - sometimes, it would occur, while other times it would just randomly turn itself off
- A solution I’ve found is to switch over to vent, leave it on there for a few minutes, then switch back to A/C; works for another 10-20 minutes

What I have done to fix it is to replace the freon (even though, it was never really empty; still isn’t empty) and have replaced the fuse associated with the A/C.

After several years of battling with this annoying problem, it’s gotten to a point where I can’t stand it anymore.

Please help. Thank you.

Bumping up the thread. Please help. Thank you

You need to have this evaluated by a shop that does AC work.

My guess? Your compressor is shot, specifically the clutch portion. DO NOT do any work or buy any parts based on my guess. Get the problem properly diagnosed.