01 Ford Focus Elec Door Locks & Trunk Release Inoperable

Not only will the remote no longer unlock the doors or trunk, but the buttons on the doors themselves do not work, nor does the trunk open button on the dash. The only way to operate the door locks (& trunk) is manually (inside) or with the key (outside). Any ideas?

Hard to say without looking at a 01 Focus wiring diagram, but take a look at the fuse list in your owners manual. Is there a fuse thats wired to the door & trunk locks?

Is that fuse wired to anything else & is that accesory working?

The problem is with either the 20 amp fuse #63, or with the central locking module located behind the right side of the dash at the base of the “A” pillar.

Tester

Thanks for the thoughts! I had previously checked the owner’s manual in reference to the fuse panel. The front of the panel has common fuses, numbered through 62, and the manual states that #63 is on the reverse side of the panel. Well, I removed the fuse panel entirely to access the rear and aside from all the wiring clips, the only thing I can see to remove is a large (approx. 4" x 1/2" x 2") black plastic ‘module’ (Ford Pt# YS4Z 14K150 BC). Since I could not locate a #63 anywhere on the fuse panel, I assumed that this module was it, or somehow included the fuse within it, but before I pay the $68.40 to replace it, I would like to think that I am not needlessly replacing something.

‘Central Locking Module’ sounds like it could quite possibly be the culprit. Is there any possible chance these are one in the same?

Oh… and I made a mistake in my original post: For some strange reason, I can’t seem to straighten out in my mind that this car is a 2000 and not a 2001. (Sorry, my wife bought it recently as a ‘commuter’ / train station vehicle) Just in case it makes a difference… :slight_smile: Thanks again for the help!!!

Looks like Ford got really creative with the location of fuse 63. You were looking in the right place. This link might help.

http://www.tomhinds.com/vehicles/focus_fuses.htm

It’s a shame that nothing else is wired to 63, so you’d know if you needed to look at it or not.