Stupid Fast

I read in USA Today that Tesla has upgraded the power plant in the Model S Sport. This car can now go from 0 to 60 MPH in 2.8 seconds. Tesla cut the time roughly in half. And current owners of the S Sport can get the same performance for $5000 in modifications. Is that ridiculous or what?

Dont see the point,a car this fast would be dangerous in the wrong hands,always thought 8-9 seconds to 60 was plenty fast,this thing is on the verge of exceeding my reaction speed.

totally ridiculous. totally un necessary…

…I just ordered two…

Wes, when they arrive, can I borrow one for a long term test drive?

Thanks

Totally insane.
I want one.

And do that a few times and you need new tires.

Absolutely nuts. My wife won’t let me have one.

A doctor friend of mine owns a late model Nissan GT-R that goes 0-60 in less than 3 seconds. I drove it upstate for him last summer and had a great time with it. The only problem is that you really have to be on top of your game or you could wrap it around a tree or light pole in a heartbeat. The other thing is that it’s so fast that tire technology has simply not kept pace with a vehicle like this. They break free at the drop of hat and you have to be alert just to keep the animal on the road. Rain…forget about it. Snow and ice…he won’t let it out of the garage.

Ok, ok, it’s mostly rediculous because I can’t afford one, even with the $10,000 tax rebate.

Elec motor torque is instant. some of the new hi-po hybrids do a similar trick but they use elec motor and gas motor together. Hybrids are interesting. Ferrari says they will only make turbo V8’s and hybrid mixes in future on most models. The govt fuel regs are getting tighter each yr.

sure MG , and if I wreck mine you can have the carcass for parts…

…not mine, the tesla s.

Any high powered AWD car can pretty much match that. Physics, ya know.

Electronic nannies keep the car from killing the driver by keeping all four wheels traction intact.

I’ll bet it drains the dickens out of the batteries like any irresponsible, juvenile, non-green hoonigans. Now where can I borrow one, just for a few hours?

Any high powered AWD car can pretty much match that. Physics, ya know.

There are only a handful of cars capable of sub 3 second 0-60. I don’t know of any that are AWD.

Our tax $$ at work. To give some rich person a huge tax rebate for a $100k+ luxury car is NUTS.

Better a tax rebate to individuals then tax breaks to extremely profitable oil companies.

What the heck? Where’d that come from? One’s a clearly bad idea (Tesla tax payments), the other is used by just about EVERY industry (including your IT industry, to a HUGE extent). We really don’t want to bog this down with that.

It also makes me upset, that you have to be quite wealthy, to qualify for a nice tax break

Whereas people of average means don’t get a tax break, for their non-hybrid, non-ev, non-alternative fuel source family car

And they are the ones that actually NEED a break

:rage:

“Better a tax rebate to individuals then tax breaks to extremely profitable oil companies.”

But it should be to the “correct” individuals

i’m more comfortable with the idea of some blue collar guy working hard to put food on the table and pay the bills, getting a tax break . . .

versus giving a tax break to some smug INDIVIDUAL like Mitt Romney, for example

:confused:

One's a clearly bad idea (Tesla tax payments), the other is used by just about EVERY industry (including your IT industry, to a HUGE extent).

Because it’s used by everybody it’s NOT a bad idea? Gee that makes sense.

But it should be to the "correct" individuals

I agree. And the little person can take advantage of some of those tax breaks. You can get $7500 tax credit for buying a Chevy Volt. In fact all electric and hybrids have tax breaks. There are some state tax breaks also. I’m all for it. The sooner we can get off of Big oil the better.

I think instead they should spend their time and effort on upgrading the tired styling. Isn’t anyone else a little tired of the sheet metal? Maybe it’s just me today.

It also makes me upset, that you have to be quite wealthy, to qualify for a nice tax break

Whereas people of average means don’t get a tax break, for their non-hybrid, non-ev, non-alternative fuel source family CAR

And they are the ones that actually NEED a break

Well, I’ve said for a long time that environmentalism (as currently practiced) is a bourgeois affectation; stuff like this just serves to buttress my point.