Miss Lube Rack 1955

LOVED the review, Shadow. Thanks for the link.
Clarkson will be missed. But I’m sure he’ll pop up in some other show.

There was a story the other day (confirmed supposedly) that Clarkson, May and Hammond will be doing an Amazon Prime automotive show.
Three year contracts with Clarkson getting 49 million dollars and each show having a 7 million dollar budget as compared to the BBC 1.5 million per show.

If this all occurs I can see those three having a field day ripping the BBC apart.

As to the Atom, it’s not very practical and does nothing for me. As a track car it would be a hoot but I like roadworthy also.
About 5 years ago while I was in eastern OR some guy was traveling the states in a dark green Caterham and had it parked outside a restaurant. There was a rack on the back with a ton of luggage lashed down by a few hundred feet of rope…

But you wear that sash so well, Carolyn. Yow Yow!

Hey, who said anything about practical? The Atom is a stone cold hoot, and the track would be a great place to get your ya-yas out with it.

It’s too bad we can’t get some of these vehicles in the U.S. I’d support a special category that allowed such cars. In NH there is a “hot rod” category where a state police inspector can certify a vehicle as a “hot rod” (subject to certain specs) and it becomes exempt from the normal requirements. Too bad something of the sort can’t be created in the federal regs that imports must satisfy.

Yep, the Top Gear trio is confirmed for Amazon. Episodes should start coming out some time next year.

BTW, the Atom is street legal. I actually saw one carving through the mountain roads outside Santa Fe a few years back.

The Caterham is also available in the US in kit form from here..

Holy cow, I must be getting old, cool cars, crappy bikinis! I mean I think depends would be an improvement!

I forgot about kits. I believe the Atom can be bought in kit form too.
Oh, to have money!!!

Barky, the time to worry is when you don’t even notice the bikini.

Well I for one remember when they hadn’t invented bikinis yet. Those were called risque two piece suits. Not until the 60’s did things get interesting.

As far as the Atom goes though. I would really need the windshield option. I drove my car home about a mile without a windshield once and it was really breezy, even at 30 mph. I was replacing the windshield and needed to repair some rust in the channel over the weekend. So the guys pulled the windshield out and I took it home and brought it back Monday ready to put the new one in. That’s the only way to take care of that rust along the top of the windshield that every car eventually develops.