Chevy s 10 replaced almost everything

Well, when you guys are out back diagnosing the S10, and by chance you forgot your bottle openers… lifehacker.com/5951230/open-a-beer-bottle-with-a-car-window

Just sayin’. :wink:

LOL…I watched one of my buddies do just THAT by accident. Window and A Bottle top. Then I watched him shatter the window in the same manner on the next few…HAHAHA… No I do NOT condone drinking and driving…and I HAVE THE SCARS TO FIT THE STORIES believe you me…fortunately I only harmed myself back when I was Younger and Invincible. But don’t mix 200+ Mph Motorcycles and drinking…that’s one of my stories.

Back to this S10…I still vote to look at the fuel injection Spyder. I suggest any and all to research this EXTREMELY COMMON Failure on S10’s and the like with the 4.3L Vortec Engines. Ive replaced MANY and each time…it got them going again.

Blackbird

@Tester
I was trying to find a way of expressing those sentiments on the S10 when I read your post.

I agree that the “spyder” fuel injection system can be temperamental. The smallest bit of crud will plug it up

I’ve had so-so success cleaning the system. I disable the fuel pump and hook up fuel cleaner directly to the “rail” and run the engine until it stalls, at which point the cleaning solution is used up. It often works

The only downside is the stuff stinks. Everybody near you can tell what you’re doing

In any case, it’s worth a few minutes time and the cost of a can of cleaner

I hear ya DB…Ive never had luck with the cleaning…those Spyders are just too sensitive. I forget what the original issue actually IS with that Spyder…Ive seen the Electrical connector cause it to malfunction…and I believe Ive seen Crud cause its death as well. I would have to look up my shop pages on the subject to know. But I DO KNOW its AWFUL AWFUL COMMON to be the failure point. Hope the OP gets back to us… They RARELY DO :frowning:

Blackbird

I would break the window, and the beer bottle if I tried that. Then with my luck a cop would smell the booze through the now permanently-open window and arrest me for DWI.

:wink:

A country boy wouldn’t be caught without a good pocket knife and they will pop the cap off as quick as a church key.

well ok, time to get this one open. Chevy s-10, 4.3 vortec, LS, auto, 4wd, 4 tires and brown. Driving on highway, truck “stumbled” hard, still running, put in neutral, rolled a few hundred feet, died. started right back up after a few minutes. 2 days later truck “stumbled” again, still running but no power, pushed the gas pedal, nothing, rolled a few hundred feet, died, didnt restart. The mechanic said it started fine the first time but not the 2nd time. When it died for me I thought the gauges were on, the mechanic said the gauges were all off when he ran it the 3rd time on a test when it died. He said there was plenty of fuel pressure. His suggestion was a body control unit that might be going bad or a sensor that coordinated the actions of the crankshaft and timing. Another suggested it might simply be a bad ground that can cause all this mayhem. I’ll check the grounds. I h ave a chevy s-10 from 1994, 235,000 on it, runs fine, never a problem but it needed a clutch eventually, 4 exhaust systems and few other minor items, love that truck. What about the 2000?

Is this a new question or someone opening a thread from 4 years ago ?

GaryKay reposted this as a new topic.