91 Nissan Pickup - Post-squirrel-in-air filter issues

So, the compression test was good mechanic said…

He said the spark plugs should be replaced. I’m just wondering if it’s time to say goodbye. The truck will soon rust out and who knows what’s actually wrong. I would spend more money trying to diagnose it because I love it, and it’s been well taken care of, and maybe it’s just an easy fix, but I think I need someone to tell me to stop…

OK. Stop! I don’t have much experience with rust but I hear it is usually terminal.

“…I think I need someone to tell me to stop.”

I am not your man. I don’t know your financial circumstances, and of course don’t want to know. But, at times people worry to much about how much something costs.

I know people who will spend $100 for a small family meal at a restaurant. Or hundreds on a week-end expedition. Yet, will worry about a modest amount of repairs on a car they love.

If you can afford it, and really love that vehicle for sentimental reasons, go for it. So far you are not talking big money. Replacing plugs on an older car where you might even be able to see them without a major tear-down is not that much money.

Let me restate: IF you can afford it. If you can’t afford it, dispose of it as quickly and efficiently as possible.

If you are one of those who spends $100 on a restaurant family meal, it is not excessive to put $100 in that vehicle for one last beautiful Sunday afternoon drive in the country, then dispose of it if you want.

“He said the spark plugs should be replaced.”

Then I’d at least throw a new set of plugs in. You might get lucky.

The truck is running again… I’m kind of amazed… but, it seems okay…
The brakes are pulsing when I slow down, which my mechanic said could be from leaving it for too long out in the rainy weather we’ve been having and there is probably a patch of rust in between the rotor that will wear off naturally with use.

Fun-tastic! My brother has the same truck and keeps it going…

Fixing the pulsating brakes problem shouldn’t be very difficult for a shop with brake expertise. Good for you for getting your truck back in good running condition! A 91 should still have quite a few more good miles in it still.