Fuel Pump probelm?,99 Ford Taurus, 3.0 Lit

Thanks again for the advice. The car has just under 100K miles on it. I called Ford dealership parts, a new fuel pump is $300, called Autozone, they gave me a quote for $190. I am guessing this is about 2 hrs of labor @$75/hr (dealership rate), so assuming I go with the Autozone pump, I am out another $350 to get the pump replaced.

Boy this car is tiring me out (not to mention draining my wallet), this year alone I spend $900 (outer tie rods, ball joints, alignment etc) once and $800 another time (inner tie rods, leaking breaks, warped breaks, etc), and can not quite remember but I think it was like $200-$300 to replace the alternator and now another $350-$400 for fuel pump. I really would like to keep the car for another year or two (with the economy being the way it is and uncertainty with jobs etc) but, the it looks like the repairs are getting to be more than the value of the car (I believe it is worth only about 2 to 3 k at most). I guess as the economists say it is all sunk cost, beyond this point I am not sure what else is going to go.

The irony is that I had a 60,000 mile extended warranty on this car, and under warranty the dealer (I suspect they were ripping Ford and myself- I had to pay the deductible- ) had changed so many parts on this car, from fuel pump, water pump, steering pump, heater core, etc even the molding in the car. No wonder Ford is such a trouble, how can they make money with such a crazy warranty costs?