Warped Rotors

I know that what I have heard from CigRoller, OK45 and Shadowfax and CommonSenseAnswer and others far outshine the things Tom and Ray say on the show. I have been working on cars over 20 Years and I know what I am talking about for sure…Its hard for us sometimes bec we are only as affective as the info we are given…if we were in front of the affected auto we would be MUCH more accurate in our responses.

I can tell from the answers listed on here that these guys know what they are talking about because I for one agree with what they say most of the time and if not we incrementally add to the answers…and all of us together usually OVER cover peoples issues… If we are not individually better than click and clack…we sure are close…and together we are certainly the better mechanic. Nothing against click or clack…at all

I also agree with Mark in his comment above…we arent trying to be Better mechanics than Tom and Ray…we are just being good mechanics…and like Mark said if we screw up an answer the next guy will set it straight…so we have the advantage of chipping away at an issue where Tom and Ray just blurt out ONE answer and just run with it when several other answers would be more prudent. We on the other hand will beat a question to death and beyond ALL with good answers

As for this issue…you can drive with warped rotors to your hearts content…I for one cant STAND this… The rotors warp over time due to being heated and cooled soooo many times with the material loss also added in. The brake pads actually wear the iron rotor down over time…this makes them more suseptible to warpage. It is normal…just replace them with OEM rotors or other HIGH QUALITY rotors and this will go away. HOWEVER as others have stated if you are getting a vibration with your foot off the brake, then this may be pointing to wheel balance or suspension issues… Brake rotor warpage is most evident when you have your foot on the brakes…squeezing the rotor…