Rear brakes keep locking up

I’m going to start with the most expensive and complicated possibilities first:

It’s possibly going to be in the ABS valve body and/or the proportioning valve (I don’t recall if these had both or not in '95) The ABS is valve body is not that complicated but does contain many small parts that have to come out and go back in a very specific manner but they are repairable at least to a point as often the problems are caused by crud or bad/leaking seals/o-rings … reguardless, I strongly suggest that problem be addressed by a pro-mechanic and depending on the shop rate vs. cost of a new/re-man ABS valve body will answer the question of it being cheaper to repair/clean or replace.

This vehicle may also have a front-rear proportioning valve as well as a load level propotioning valve. If either or both are locked-up, corroded or otherwise not workng correctly, this will cause the same symptoms.

If I’m reading your description of the gripes correctly, I honestly think you are dealing with a relatively minor and cheap repair and that being a wheel/axle hose. Brake hoses make the flexible connections between the hard lines and moving parts. The hoses are made in layers and when the layers delaminate, the inner liner of the hose can act like a check valve allowing pressure into the caliper/cylinder but not let it out which is what causes the brake to lock then take X amount of time before the fuild pressure can bleed off again.

First thing is to figure out if it’s a hose, caliper/cylinder, proportioning valve or the ABS valve that’s causing the problem. If it turns out to be a caliper/cylinder/hose, I’d strongly suggest just replacing all of them at the same time then you’re not back into again a few weeks from now when the next item fails.