OMG, what is she thinking?

I came across this on the interwebs, and thought this would be a good place to share it.

She is likely to be a future winner of a Darwin Award when she removes herself from the population through dangerous driving. Unfortunately, she is likely to take other–innocent–people with her.

She is thinking, as do too many drivers, that she is relaxing in her living room couch !
They buy vehicles in this manner.
And they operate these machines in this frame of mind.

Even passengers.
Just last night I gave a ride to my daughter’s friend as I picked them both up after practice.
Seeing that she had not put on the seat belt, I coasted forward as if to begin driving away and SLAMMED on the brake !
Staring at her surprised look, I stated to her…’‘BELT !"
She glares back as if , how dare I demand such a thing and I restate my case…’’ This is NOT your living room couch ! If you don’t belt up I’ll make you wish you did."
She belted and I drove home mildly as always. But I WILL, in fact, show every rider why they need their belt .

And they say young male drivers are more dangerous…Young female drivers tend to put driving the car right up there with something they have to between their makeup and checking their texts/email/facebook. Most younger males just drive like idiots to impress their friends

While I didn’t like the 4 drums and manual steering of the Chevelle I owned, it might be time to go back to that. Call it the Dodge Darwin. 60 to 0 in 500 feet, 75 foot turning radius, metal dash, non collapsible steering column and a large spike sticking out from the middle of the steering wheel, right at the driver’s chest. Mandate that ALL new drivers own one until they are 26 years old(the age they can no longer be on their parents insurance)

“And they say young male drivers are more dangerous…Young female drivers tend to put driving the car right up there with something they have to between their makeup and checking their texts/email/facebook.”

+1

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again:
On a regular basis, I see more dangerous driving on the part of young women than young men.
The young guys who drive aggressively are being dumb, but, it really does appear that they are focused (for the most part) on their driving.

By contrast, the women whom I see (pick one or more)…

…Tailgating
…Wandering in their lane
…Going through stop lights/stop signs
…Driving too fast for road conditions…

…always seem to be totally distracted from their driving task.

Ideally, everyone should drive in a sane, safe, law-abiding manner, but…if you are not going to do so, at least pay attention as you drive in an unsafe manner.

It looks like someone removed the picture. That kind of defeats the whole purpose if this thread, so you might as well close it. Nobody is going to know what we’re talking about.

^
??

I can still see the picture!

Good. It must just be something going on with my work computer. I’m glad I didn’t tag one of the admins in my post.

I even checked the post in two different browsers to confirm it wasn’t a browser issue.

I see more dangerous driving on the part of young women than young men

On my daily commute into MA…by far the most dangerous drivers are the 30-mid 40’s males who are CONSTANTLY on the phone talking or texting. The second most dangerous group are the younger drivers (male or female)…both text to text a lot when driving.

Strictly a non-scientific observation but around here women seem to be worse than men; excluding the male farmer segment of the population from the non-scientific polling data…

I see enough young men texting behind the wheel that I shall refrain from making any sexist statements.

I draw no major conclusions from it. But, I just got back from the Toyota dealer in Pharr, just east of McAllen. On the way down Jackson Road, I came up behind an old Crown Victoria. First glance, it looked okay.

However as I got closer I could see a hole where the trunk lock was, which is usually a sign of neglected maintenance and repairs.

For at least two miles down Jackson, I tended to be alongside the woman who was driving it, and the whole time she had her phone plastered to her ear.

She didn’t show any close calls, but I was a bit nervous in close proximity to her.

I see so many people with the Cell Phone to their ear while driving even though it’s illegal here as it is in many areas, in most parking lots it’s technically not against the law (private property) but those around you would appreciate it if you would put the phone down for a second and concentrate on parking the car and not hitting someone in the lot.

I see so many people with the Cell Phone to their ear while driving even though it's illegal here as it is in many areas

In most states it’s rarely enforced if ever. What some states are doing if you get in an accident while using your cell…then you can be ticketed then.

Perhaps a mandatory “at fault”, regardless of the situation(similar to rear ending someone) and/or loss of license. Treat it like a DUI

A co-worker of ours caused an accident where both she and the driver of the other car died, from what the police could tell she crossed the median into the other side of the interstate and hit head on with the other car. There was a cell-phone and an open adress book in the passenger seat so the only cause that could be found was distracted driving. There are now barriers on that stretch of highway to prevent another incident.