Winter gas milage

With my Chev Cobalt XFE I can easily get the EPA rating of 37 mpg or even more in summer on straight gasoline. In winter this drops to about 35 mpg overall according to the computer readout and with 10% ethanol it drops further to 33-34 mpg in winter.

Water expands because of the crystalline structure, not because of hydrogen bonds. Gasoline is comprised of almost 100% hydrogen bonds and it doesn’t expand when it freezes. Water’s crystalline structure is that of a hexagon with one of the hydrogen atoms forming a bond with then next molecule’s oxygen atom. This leaves a lot of empty space in the structure.

The crystaline structure is due to the hydrogen bond, and only water expands when frozen as a result of the hydrogen bond. Gasoline contracts in cold weather, as does every other known liquid except water.
What is your point? That I’m wrong? I’m not.
Water has similar unique properties associated with it’s simplicity, such as surface tension.

The gale winds just build even more character. I feel like I have plenty of character, not sure how much is enough.
Here in New England the tapwater is warm in the summer and icy in the winter. So is the gasoline.

There’s WAY TOO MANY variables…One thing you didn’t mention is SNOW…Driving in snow could DRASTICALLY reduce your gas mileage.

Also here in the Northern states we get a Winter Gas blend. This also reduces gas mileage.