Why can't I buy a small to mid size diesel engined car in USA

Yeah, and the US taxes diesel higher than gasoline, just the opposite of Europe.

Loop-charged 2-strokes in lawn mowers, etc., are outrageously inefficient. The closed crankcase, blown 2-strokes were a much different variant of the 2-stoke principle.

Are you sure about that? I read a few weeks ago that diesel was up to $11.50 per gallon in England.

It could have something to do with refining standards. Here in the US, most truck stops have low sulfur diesel and ultra low sulfur diesel. These diesels for sale overseas only work with ultra low sulfur diesel, which will some day become the standard here in the US as well. However, until the US adopts ultra low sulfur diesel and does away with low sulfur diesel, they are afraid that Average American Joe will ruin his car with low sulfur diesel to save a few bucks.

I drive diesel cars and have no problem finding fuel. I drove one of mine from denver to TX on sunday, diesel is available at every highway exit that has a gas station. About 50-75% of the non-highway stations seem to have diesel available. It’s not a problem.

Yes, I put the URI on here a couple of weeks ago.

kjkoeppl also posted a list it’s on page 3 of : http://community.cartalk.com/posts/list/41/1009210.page