Who holds the world's record for the longest lasting brakes?-

I thought I did well getting 110k out of the rear brakes on my toyota truck, I joked what’s the deal only 110k out of rear brake pads? My Trailblazer gets 85k or so before a redo of the disk brakes needed, and I thought that was impressive, truly amazing the miles reported above.

1993 base model Toyota Pickup that I bought new. Replaced front pads at 190,000 miles. Replaced with OEM pads since they lasted so long. At 301,000 the rear brakes are original.

2 Likes

On my now gone 2005 Camry I changed the fronts at 110K Miles but the pads had a lot left on them, it was the rotors that were a bit warped. The rear shoes were the originals when I sold them at 185K miles and had plenty of material left on them. I thought I had done well, but seems others are doing better than this.

On my Wife’s Sonata, the fronts were changed at 85k miles and she does a lot of local driving. The rears are still original at 105K miles.

On her minivan, I would change the pads and rotors every 20-25K miles. I got a set from AZ with lifetime warranty and replaced them 6 times for free.

This is not a record to brag about, and for sure not one to beat. Trying to wear your pads and rotors down to the point of imminent failure is simply not a good idea. And frankly who cares anyway. The winner will not be someone who lives within a thousand miles of me. Instead it will be someone who lives in a desert climate and drives on flat straight roads with few stops and zero traffic.

I’ve got 178,000 on my 2012 GTI and I’m still on the factory brakes and clutch.

Who holds the world’s record for the longest lasting brakes?
:thinking:

Nobody will ever know… :shushing_face:
Every serious contender took that information with them when they succumbed to fatal injuries while trying to wring out the last bit of wear from long neglected brake components as they proudly boasted of avoiding timely replacement. :wink:

However, if I had to guess, it was probably somebody who was often heard saying, “Hold my beer… Watch this!.”

A Darwin Award :trophy: is the coveted grand prize awaiting one of these geniuses, the ultimate record holder, if we can ever verify their results.
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

2 Likes