Where's all the traffic?

My brother used to live in Westwood

And one of my weekly meetings used to take place in Westwood

I know for a fact that is not any easy place to find a . . . legal . . . parking spot. And if you do, there are strict time limits and/or it’s far from where you need to be

Sent one kid to UCLA for 4 yrs and visitations were a pain due to the parking. Now the second one is headed there. I usually use their structure for $5-6, beats driving around to no end.

We have a house split in two halves, wife thinks everything should open ASAP, esp since she heard the virus kills mostly men :slight_smile:
I work in the ICU day in and day out. When you are sick with COVID-19, it ain’t fun. It is a painful death or major disability for the rest of your life. 50 is old for this disease, if your BMI is over 30, or have borderline diabetes, you are kinda out of luck.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the parking structure you mentioned wasn’t anywhere close to where I needed to visit in Westwood

Like I said, the parking situation there is atrocious

1 Like

You are (and will always be) the best! My apologies ( to you and the community, not him).

3 Likes

With the county in phase 2 we’re almost back to normal traffic volumes around Olympia, at least from what i’ve seen. The state patrol is patrolling the usual spots but not doing any more stops than normal. There’s a couple of curves before you go from Highway 101 to Northbound I-5 so it’s 45mph, not unusual to see a trooper at one sport or the other.

1 Like

We have family who live in one of those high rise towers, Small apartment, $1500+ in concierge and HOA fees per month. When we visit, we get to meet the security guy, he checks with the owner, then we have to drive 5 loops under the ground to get to the guest parking. Kind of an experience, when my kids were young, they thought this is something akin to a Disney ride.

Traffic is still good here. Could be because we have a lot of engineering jobs and makes it easier for people to go work at home. While MA Gov Baker has now moved to phase 2 of the lock down, many businesses are still allowing people to work at home. We’ve opened up our manufacturing a week ago. But engineers are asked to work at home. I’ve been going into work to work with the other 3 engineering directors and HR to help get things in place for a safer work space.

The other factor is school. Summer is always better commuting because of no school. School is closed and won’t re-open until Fall (Hopefully).

I made my first trip to the grocery store in over three months yesterday. They have the one way signs on all the aisles. The front and back of the store are two way. It took me a little while to get used to it. Most people followed the arrows, a couple didn’t. Traffic was light, but then again, it was 4 to 5 on Sunday afternoon.

The *fact * is states where masks and stay-home are not required have a rising number of COVID-19 cases and deaths, with no signs of plateauing, while states that require masks and haven’t re-opened or done so selectively show cases and deaths declining.

1 Like