Where Did These SUV's Come From?

We discovered an unusual fact about this GM platform. It seems that the SRX is valued the same as the Vue RX but the exact same equipped Buick is valued at 4K more. Huh ???.

The caddy xlr is a low powered sketchy motor vette. Why not get a xlr-v and really hit yourself in the head with a hammer.

@missileman; It’s a BUICK! There is a concept called Brand Essence, which means that brand names command value. In China, Buicks are almost sacred!

An advertising exec once explained sex appeal to me. He said its’ 50% what you’ve got and 50% of what people THINK you’ve got!

Insecure shopper buy brand names while smart shoppers buy the store brand generic stuff and save a bundle…

“He said its’ 50% what you’ve got and 50% of what people THINK you’ve got!”

Or, as another ad man once said, “You’re selling the sizzle, not the steak”.

You can get the Soltice/Sky 2.4L Ecotech 173 hp engine with 5-spd manual in a Polaris Slingshot:

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot/slingshot-sl

I test drove one a few weeks ago…quite an experience.

I dunno. Not that I know but I would suggest there is more to the Buick model than just the look alike sheet metal.

Wasn’t one of the Vue’s an Opel in disguise?

I remember looking at one circa 2010 but not buying it because it was overpriced for a disappearing brand. But the car was actually pretty nice. Made me wonder why Saturn was not selling more.

@ Galant ,the stupid commercials ? The marketers basically missed the segment that liked them(not the young aspiring ,upcoming yuppies ,who had a streak of patriotic in their veins)The commercials made me vow never to buy one.(sames as with Jeep)

The Saturn Astra was really an Opel Astra with almost no changes except for legal stuff. It was not a bad car in Europe, but dealers here did not like servicing it on account of it being a “funny European” car.

If you own one today you may have trouble getting parts since GM at bankruptcy vowed only to keep the service and parts supply up for the warranty period, which has long since expired. It’s now an orphan car.

Owners of cars 8 plus years old generally don’t buy factory parts. If parts are available for an AMC Pacer there should be reason to fear the lack of replacement parts for a popular GM platform.

Maybe, maybe not. Ther is a guy a block away that loves SAABs. He has two running and a parts car in the side yard. If parts were easily available, he wouldn’t need the parts car. BTW, these are late model SAABs, built after 2000.

I have to say that when I hit a deer with my Riviera, the one body shop just totaled it because he said parts were not available. That’s fenders, grill, hood, door, headlight. The second shop gave me a lead on junk yard parts but other than that I would have been out of luck. Power train parts were never a problem but body parts and electrical parts like the CRT screen were simply no longer being made and available.

“If parts are available for an AMC Pacer there should be reason to fear the lack of replacement parts for a popular GM platform.”

+1
If owners of Ford Model A cars can still obtain parts, I think that getting mechanical/electronic parts for the Saturn Vue shouldn’t be problematic. Certain body/trim parts could well be a problem, but I really doubt if there would be a problem finding mechanical or electronic components.

Heck, there are even some NOS parts for Studebakers that are still available!

I wish they would make the dang things better ,rather then a disposable commodity '
A salesman once told me "a car is your second biggest investment "He could not have been farther from the truth ,what He should have “A new car is a mone ypit and ofttimes your greatest expense”.I
I know autos drive the American economy,but I dont know how much longer this will in fact be truly sustainable .

Anybody elses attempt to post on the .“Leave a comment” acting up ?

Website is buggy right now.

I found a Buick Enclave and drove it. It’s just a Saturn Vue RX with different badges. The leather seats are exactly the same and were no more comfortable than the Vue. I judged it to be the same and would not say it’s value was any more than the Vue RX. But…I don’t control the used car market. I’ve run in to the before with my dad. He said a GMC truck was built stronger than a Chevy and therefore had more value. My uncle (my mom’s brother) swears that a GMC has less value than a Chevy because GMC is just an economy model. I know them to be the same.

The Opel/Saturn Astra is and was a 100% European car, with no parts made in North America, and the car sold here in very low volume so that no aftermarket firm would be interested in making parts. The imported Mercury Merkur from Ford of Germany had similar problems.

For both of these vehicles aftermarket parts would be available in Europe and perhaps in Asia since Chinese parts makers will quickly gear up to make these parts with questionable quality.