When is it too much to continue to pay for repairs

@barkydog Wahington Post newspaper. Helicopter parents are those that are so involved with their kids lives and making sure everything is just right for them to succeed, that they smother them and don’t allow them to learn how to live on their own. Parents that complain to their teachers, coaches etc. Call their kids often during the day. Pick their activities to insure a good resume for college. Even an example of parents accompanying their kid to a job interview, and so on. The kids end up lost on their own, unable to cope with the work world and their peers, drink to excess and pop pills to deal with their frustration in life. Several books have been written on it but this was a new one.

We are split on helicopter parenting. My wife was one and I was not. It doesn’t matter as much anymore since they are all on their own. My youngest called the other day with a tire question. I plugged a tire for her, but it still has a slow leak. I suggested getting an inside patch and she called two places. One was a chain store with a very bad reputation, and they wanted $29. The other was a local garage with a good reputation. Her boyfriend even recommended it, and they only wanted $20. She still asked for help with the decision. Of course, I told her to take the local with the good reputation and excellent price. It didn’t seem like a difficult decision to me, but given her age, I turned it into an educational moment.

I need parts for my 1989 Geo Metro LSI. Is this the right forum to post it? if not can someone instruct me where to go and post it? It is a 5-speed manual with overdrive, 1.0 (61 CID) Liter, L3 engine

click on the “new discussion” button in the upper right corner of the page.