When do we put our winter tires on

@Twinturbo
Good one ! Another ice storm story…during,.the ice storm, we had so many trees down, it took us three days to cut our way out a mile and a half. While at the end of the road at the end of the third day, I received a semi emergency call concerning my mother and my wife had to walk the over mile out to where we were working, just to get me back to the house to change and get my truck My neighbors truck which we worked from was an unregistered dedicated truck 4 wd truck we used to plow the road.

It was pretty beat up and old and at the time, smelled of chain oil, saw dust and salt sand. We drove back with her sitting between my neighbor and me with empty beer cans rolling around in the cab, bouncing along in a three quarter ton plow truck with ice chains over all 4 studded snow tires , and a v plow on front you could barely see over and oil burning smoke coming out the back.

My wife the English major with a smile and a laugh just said…" I feel like a character in a Cathie Pelletier novel. " my neighbor who was driving had a bewildered look in his face…like" what do you mean". I leaned over and smiled at him from around my wife and just said to him " Lee, don’t ask. It’s over our heads and I think we have both been insulted and she has been doing this to me for years. Just smile and laugh back."