What's up with radio static in hybrids?

Yes! This is my third Honda. They’ve done right by me for 10 years so the high expectations are all their fault.

Thanks again Vermont! I’ll print these out for the service department. Great ideas from everyone here.

HA ! I actually did read that review before I signed the dotted line. He was enjoying his own writing too much for me to take it seriously. I’m adjusting to the car - after being in the CR-V the past 3 yrs. It feels strange to be so close to the ground and to have less visibility and more road noise. The clincher was that we had one of the Hubble astronauts in town on business last week and I had to show him the area for two days. HIS words exactly: “This is paradigm-shifting” and he’s driving his second Prius. He really liked the Insight and spent two days telling me why and telling me what a good choice it was. So if the radio would just work, I’d be FINE with it. Averaging 43-52 mpg in the first 650 miles.

Clarkson tells it like it is. He doesn’t sugar coat anything. Granted, he sometimes exaggerates for comedic effect. But he’s usually pretty spot on. One of the reasons Top Gear is so good, is that they don’t have advertising sponsors to please, so you get some pretty frank/brutal reviews.

Two more possibilities.

1.0 Ken green is right, If the antenna connection is somehow shorted to ground, that’ll do in reception.

2.0 It’s unlikely, but if you have an antenna that is “painted” onto the front or back windshield instead of an external metal whip, it’s possible that the “wire” to the antenna has been scraped off or cut. … Or, as happened with our Camry’s rear defroster last Winter, sealant applied when the rear window was installed may have gotten onto the connecter. In our case, the goo took a decade to finally cause the defroster to stop working. (Time to find the problem … weeks. Time to fix … about five minutes).

Has Honda even looked at this vehicle? Why not?

These cars use high voltage inverters which are notorious noise generators…That’s why God made CD’s and satellite radio…Is the problem the same on AM & FM? I bet it’s MUCH worse on AM…