What was that smell?

zwell0890 We are still posting simultaneously. One of the drawbacks of cyber conversations.

@sgtrock21. You aren’t making any sense.

@sgtrock21 If you need me to clarify, let me know.

@zwell0899, we on this forum tend to digress and banter back and forth. All in the spirit of Click and Clack. If you feel like we are teasing you, sorry, but it is not meant that way.

@BustedKnuckles I just come to these forums when I have a problem. I dont have a lot of money to do maintenance to my car, so I am a little bit of a worrier. I got my license only a year ago and I am 25 years old. I hated the thought of driving. Still do a little. I dont make a lot at all and am in enough debt as it is. Plus I am asking advice from complete strangers on the internet, from a forum I rarely visit, unless I screw up, which I never have a hard time admitting. Now that I am aware of Click and Clack way of operating, I’ll lighten up.

@Zwell0890; You would be surprised at how few people ever look at their manual.

If I had to guess, I’d say only 30% read the manual to their new car within the first year of owning it, and most will just skim the entire thing.
Another 30% will only read it to look up that one item “what’s this button do” and never touch on the rest of the manual. The remaining 40% will not even think to look at the manual and instead ask someone…like us here.
I’m guilty too. I was replacing my headlights this winter and I had always thought that the fog lights were fakes because of the way the lens’s looked. When I realized that there were wires feeding them, I looked it up and figured out how to turn them on. I’ve owned the truck for at least 3 years too.

Yosemite