What is the chance of someone buying an older car with high mileage and with electrical and mechanical issues?

I hesitate to make a guess as to the amount of money you’ll get selling the car. Sent from an iPad Xv - using wireless neural input.

Was the suspension lowered? If so, you should have taken into account the cost/effort to restore the suspension at the time of purchase, it can be difficult to sell a modified car.

The tires on an IS250/IS350 often last only 2 years/25,000 miles, wheel alignment might not be the main problem.

New car dealers generally don’t want lowered cars, expect to be rejected or only offered auction value.

Problems with the HVAC unit are very common for these cars. There was a warranty extension for the A/C door servo motors that expired last year for this car. Replacing servo motors (6 or 7) cost about $3000, I have never replaced an A/C amplifier on an IS350.

Audio system problems are also common for this car. Door lock actuator failures can occur on any car.

Is this because of steel belts exposed on the tires? New tires and brakes every 2 years = $2000, this is a common reason for (past) owners to trade the car in after just 2 years.

A pre-purchase inspection won’t help to predict these failures. The suspension modification is something to be aware of but that was done on purpose, not a malfunction.

Was it modified because of the wreck, bent frame etc??

1 Like

Who knows? Before I bought the car the mechanic put it in clear didn’t notice anything unusual with the car.

What is modified? Can you see a modification?

Had to replace the rockers 5 times on my new 55 Cheve V8 to get rid of the chirp.

You definitely need a better mechanic.