What do you think about Ford Aspire?

Hi! Question the same, I bought Aspire month ago and want to hear your opinion about this car. Maybe some other Aspire owners here?

Well, John You probably will not get much response. The site is misleading as it really does not contact other Aspire owners. Seriously you have the vehicle and that is a discontinued model so what others have experienced might not even relate to the one you have.
If you have the owners manual with it look and see if there is some service that you may want to do.

What does this car Aspire to be?

Sorry… couldn’t help myself!

Hopefully it Aspires to be a better car in it’s next life…

Just guessing here, but the OP may not be in the United States . Apparently the Aspire name is used in India and other countries.

This goes back to my complaint that the ’ Ask Someone ’ is a poor idea and really is misleading .

They were sold here in the USA sometime around the mid-1990s.

The Aspire is a fine, no-frills, inexpensive car. If you’re talking about a US-model Aspire, it’s getting old now, so expect problems and set money aside to deal with them as they come up. If you’re not from the USA and you have a new one… Set money aside for repairs anyway and if you’re lucky by the time you need a major repair you’ll have enough cash to either do it, or buy a new car.

Thanks, yeah, I am asking about new model of Ford Aspire, this one https://autoportal.com/newcars/ford/aspire/. I am not from US, but I thought you have the same car, just with another name… I’m sorry if I bothered you.

The U.S. spec ones (1993-1997) was a rebadged Kia and was a cheap, disposable car that even by the standards of the day did nothing well. The automatic models were not only very slow, but didn’t get exceptional fuel economy either. Basically it was your typical Korean car from the early-mid 90’s. The current models are based on the Fiesta and are sold as sub-variants of the Figo in India. It’s probably a better car than the one they sold in the U.S. 20 years ago, but that’s not saying much. It’s not sold in the U.S. as it’s too small, too slow, and may or may not meet U.S. safety standards.

Try using Google and do a search like

**“Ford Aspire” forum **

“A card laid is a card played”. That’s what we say when we play Euchre. You bought the car–don’t worry about it. My first wife and I bought an AMC Pacer. It fit our needs. I didn’t care two hoots about what anyone else thought. It fit our needs at the time. She liked the car for the visibility from the driver’s seat.

A Geo Metro.

So… Which one of these is you?

:wink:

That might have been me and my Pacer. I don’t remember what I looked like years ago and there were no smart phones so I could take a selfie. An interior shot of the dashboard would help the identification. Our Pacer had an 8 track tape player. (We actually had a yellow Pacer X with a white vinyl roof.
I thought the Pacer drove well. We had a two year old at the time and the extra wide door on the right side made it easy to put him in the child seat in the back seat of the car.

Interestingly, Hyundai brought that concept back and then flipped it with their Veloster that came out in 2012. It has a long single door on the driver’s side, and a shorter front and additional rear side doors on the passenger side for easier entry. I’m actually kind of surprised that “make it easier for people to get themselves and others in” concepts like that aren’t more common.

That is how I feel about any vehicle we bought. Did not care what anyone else thought or how they felt about theirs.

@shadowfax. IMHO vehicles should be useful. By the late 1950s, cars became less functional and style, whatever that is, took over. I remember the cars of the late 1950s. The cars became lower and sprouted fins. The cars became 4 passenger cars with the transmission and driveshaft hump making the center of the seats so uncomfortable as to be useless. In 1992, CR tested the Olds 88, the full sized Mercury and the Buick Roadmaster and compared then with a restored 1952 Buick Roadmaster. There was one department where the 1952 was better better than the models that were 40 years newer–the seats were more comfortable.
A vehicle, IMHO, should be purchased for its functionality, not its style. We have a Sienna minivan and a 4Runner SUV. We found these vehicles much more comfortable than the cars we tested before making these purchases. I would rather ride in a pickup truck than most of today’s cars. Perhaps the motoring public has finally figured that out and SUVs and pickup trucks have replaced conventional cars.

It’s just that SUVs and pickups are fashionable right now. Where I live, probably half of the pickups I see are lifted, have giant wheels with low-profile tires, 1 or 2 semitruck-style vertical exhaust stacks sticking out of the bed, and they belch black smoke every time they accelerate because “rolling coal” is also for some unfathomable reason the style these days. Nothing functional in any of that.

@shadowfax. Maybe pickup trucks have ceased to be functional as well as cars now that I think about it. One probably couldn’t stack 50 bales of hay on the short bed of today’s four door pickup trucks or shift into extra low gear and stretch fence as I did with my 1950 one ton Chevrolet pickup. I’ll also bet my 1950 Chevrolet pickup with its road draft tube instead of pcv polluted less than the “coal rollers” you described.