Was Alignment Necessary?

I would prefer fast also. I don’t know whether fast or slow is best, but I do remember the traffic was moving at (probably) 5 mph. Now this was 20 years ago, but I still remember that crossing clearly as it scared the crap out of me.

Driving in UK is terrifying. Driving in London is beyond that. I’m not worried about the round a bouts, I’m used to those.
As the guy I started to work for said: I’ll stop at certain stoplights when it’s green. My brother may be on his way to or from work on the crossing road.
Meaning, he’d have no problems running the read light.
They matched each other perfectly with regards to driving habits. He was an accident waiting to happen.

Years ago I took a 2 month holiday to New Zealand. After I was there one day – renting a car and driving 15 miles from the Auckland airport to the motel – I was thinking of flying back to the USA the next day, b/c driving on the left side of the road was a very, very unpleasant and seemingly dangerouis experience. However I decided I’d try the scientific approach, see if I could get used to it. So the next morning I walked around the block, looking at the way the traffic was moving, and giving careful thought to which direction I should be looking for cross traffic. One thing I discovered was that it was equally dangerous being a pedestrian … lol … I wasn’t looking in the correct direction for cars coming at me when crossing the street. Once I assimilated all that stuff then I got in the car and drove around the same block. Felt a little better. I did this a few more times, alternating walking and driving the same route, taking longer routes, and by the end of the day I wasn’t having much difficulty any more driving or walking. Once somebody there explained the round-a-bout driving strategy I didn’t have any trouble with those either, in fact I quite grew to like them. You can really get through an intersection fast if it has a good round-a-bout. I’d like to take a holiday to the UK in the not-too-distant future. Hopefully I’ll remember my New Zealand driving skills.

I never had a problem driving on the left, even though my first experience was after I turned 60. I worked on a project in Japan and only had to drive on a small island, so traffic wasn’t bad. The trick was to remember that the center line was always closest to the driver’s door. Turning left was always easy, but occasionally I wanted to go into the right-most lane when turning right.

In regards to countries where you drive on the left . . . I’ve heard many stories about broken turn signal stalks, and it’s apparently caused by people visiting the country and renting a car