Walmart knowingly put wrong tire on and left it, having issues

Car service departments can’t be expected to have every tire size at all times in stock. I would hope that the staff there would inform the car owner they don’t have a tire in stock that matches the other three, and suggest they just park the car and order-up the correct tire. Did that happen OP? Did you tell them you needed the car back on the road immediately?

At least they didn’t break your air cleaner box.

The OP has left the building.

^
Yup!
When people don’t get the answers that they want, they frequently decide to just abandon their thread.

I would like to add that even though the OP has left the building, there is good information in this thread. It was not a waste of time.

Most of us were taught to accept responsibility for our mistakes. I’m afraid we are now officially dinosaurs.

I think the official term is,Geezer, not Dinosaur. I should know-I’m married to one. Mrs.Triedaq.

@Cavell

My brother has a 2008 Toyota HIghlander

I’m the only one who ever touched the air cleaner housing

and the plastic is cracking

However, consider this . . . I’ve really only encountered this problem on Toyotas, not any of the other various brands I work on

So the idea of me being hamfisted doesn’t really hold water

???

^
I think that db4690 posted his comment in the wrong thread.

No I didn’t

I responded to Cavell’s comment

“At least they didn’t break your air cleaner box.” . . . which is on page 3 of THIS discussion

Perhaps you guys should take up the matter with HIM. Perhaps you should suggest he posted HIS comment in the wrong discussion

Well, I’m confused. :confused:
Shall we return to the subject at hand?

Yes, yes, but the air cleaner issue was a different thread, but the same store (Walmart!). I guess since the OP on this one is MIA, we can merge the two threads and call it a day.

gallant: I agree. The OP did not get the answers (evidence to sue Walmart) that they wanted and is long gone.

I don’t think Cavell’s comment was intended to change the subject.

As for the OP, I just don’t believe that both tires were ragged out in 2 weeks because of such a small profile difference. There has to be some story missing.

Such a difference would be enough to cause ABS problems and pulling, FWIW

I’ve seen it

I don’t know the entire situation. If WalMart was the only place open, the auto service area might have suggested that the tire size was wrong, but it would get the OP to his destination. However, the OP should have been told to get the correct size tire. My brother and my son arranged a 25th wedding celebration for my wife and me at a location we could all reach in a 4 hour drive. On the way to the location, the bearing on the air conditioner clutch failed on his Cadillac. Our celebration took place Saturday evening. Sunday we took my brother and his wife home --they had to leave their car and drive down to get later. My brother was worried that the serpentine belt might come off and leave him and his wife stranded. In the meantime, our son and his family had a tire blow on the interstate on his Ford Windstar. He limped in on the donut spare. The only place open Sunday afternoon was WalMart. WalMart got him underway with two new tires in less than an hour.