Hey everyone! New here. Finally, I’m converting my VW Passat B4 to electric power and wanted to share my results.
- Battery pack - NMC ~40kWh
- An asynchronous motor with the copper rotor
- Curtis 1238 controller 84V 550A
- Flatpack2 charger
- BMS A1109+A11039G2
For someone who wasn’t following along on my YouTube channel, I’ll quickly sum-up my progress to date:
- Oct. 9, 2020: Power steering is working
- Oct. 30, 2020: The motor is installed and working
- Nov. 13, 2020: Heater and air conditioner installed
- Apr. 18, 2021: First Test Drive
Plans for the future
Going forward, my plan is to ensure stability and operability of all standard vehicle systems like power steering, power assisted brakes, air conditioning, ABS, etc.
Here’s my first test drive video:
P.S. English captions available
Let me know what you think.